Thursday, March 10, 2011

banking applications

First is applications the right word for these web 2.0 things?
Today I thought I would compare 2 different banking/budgetting programs- Moneytrackin' and Plan2Spend.
Both programs are free.
Moneytrackin' allows you to manage more than one account off one 'Dashboard'.  So far I haven't seen that I can do that from Plan2Spend.  On initial evaluation Moneytrackin' is more comprehensive and seems a bit more involved to get the information entered.
Plan2Spend has a specific budget section that I like that shows me on a graph how much of my budget I have spent to date and what I spend compared to people with similar profiles.  It seems very straight forward and was very easy to enter my information.
For what I am looking for at present, I think the Plan2Spend will be a better fit for my toolbox.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Donnita, I use the plan2spend and I really like it! I even have James using it. Now I can see how Starbucks is a BAD thing!Simpleplanning.com also offers a nice excel setup for around $7.

    ReplyDelete